I was just checking out the Economic Development Department’s page on the City of Victorville website and see that plans are somewhat in the works to bring some life to Old Town Victorville. Here is a page highlighting the development of Old Town Victorville as a pedestrian-friendly destination shopping district.
Areas like this are often a boon to communities because they tend to attract unique businesses, locally-grown events and people willing to spend some money for a sense of place. What would be needed to build that kind of district?
Just my thoughts:
- Art, artists and the folks who buy their stuff
- Cafes or quality restaurants
- Wine, handcrafted beers
- Special events like Oktoberfest, Holiday shopping, Spring Festivals, car shows
- Shops offering one of a kind items or a significantly unique selection compared to big chains
- Big focus on Route 66 and the history of it
- Classic cars, 50’s memorabilia
What other things could be done to create a destination in Old Town?